Alloy20 (UNS N08020)
Alloy 20, also known as Carpenter 20, is a nickel-iron-chromium austenitic alloy that was developed for maximum resistance to acid attack, specifically sulphuric acid. It has excellent corrosion resistance to sulphuric, phosphoric and organic acids and to aqueous solutions of their salts. Resistance to nitric acid is also good. Due to the controlled chemical composition, the alloy also has excellent resistance to such forms of corrosion as intergranular corrosion and stress corrosion. The molybdenum content ensures good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
Carpenter 20 combines excellent corrosion resistance with elevated mechanical properties
Typical applications of this nickel alloyincluding the chemical, food, pharmaceutical, and plastics industries. In addition, this superalloy is used in heat exchangers, mixing tanks, metal cleaning and pickling equipment, and piping.
Nano-Mag Technologies offer various products made from Alloy 20 material including High Pressure Autoclave, Reactor, Hydrogenators, Magnetic Drives, Catalyst Filters etc. as per the requirement.
Request For ProposalRequest a Test Coupon
Characteristics of Alloy 20
- Excellent resistance to sulphuric and phosphoric acids
- Good resistance to intergranular corrosion
- Very good resistance to chloride-ion induced stress-corrosion cracking
- Good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
- Good mechanical properties at both ambient and elevated temperatures, up to approximately 500 °C (930 °F)