Nickel 200 (UNS N02200)
Nickel 200 Alloy, also known as Alloy 200, is a technically pure nickel that exhibits good mechanical properties and excellent corrosion resistance to alkali hydroxides as well as organic compositions, even when exposed to high temperature. Alloy 200 retain its strength and is ductile at low temperature. Alloy 200 is a multipurpose grade and is used in application where alloys are not essential. It also has good magnetic and magnetostrictive properties, high thermal and electrical conductivity as well as low gas content in the electronics industry. Nickel 200 is approved for construction of pressure vessels and components under ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII, Division 1 (ASME VIII Div 1) for service up to 600° F. The corrosion resistance of Nickel 200 makes it particularly useful for maintaining product purity in the handling of foods, synthetic fibers, and caustic alkalies; and also in structural applications where resistance to corrosion is a prime consideration. It’s used in caustic solutions, food handling equipment, and general corrosion-resistant parts and structures. Other applications include chemical shipping drums, electrical and electronic parts, aerospace and missile components and rocket motor cases. Nickel 200 is approved for construction of pressure vessels and components under ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII, Division 1 for service up to 600° F. Nano-Mag Technologies offer various products made from Nickel 200 material including Autoclave, Reactor, Hydrogenator, Pressure vessels, Magnetic Drives, Catalyst Filters, Mini Magnetic Couplings etc. as per the requirement.
Request For ProposalRequest a Test Coupon
Characteristics of Nickel 200
- Highly resistant to various reducing chemicals & excellent resistance to caustic alkalies.
- Excellent corrosion resistance to distilled and natural waters
- Resistance to neutral and alkaline salt solutions
- Excellent resistance to dry fluorine
- Widely used to handle caustic soda
- Offers some resistance to hydrochloric and sulfuric acids at modest temperatures and concentrations
- Good magnetostrictive properties.
- High electrical and thermal conductivity.
- Good ductility and low work hardening rate.
- Good weldability and solderability.